How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10528
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Me would like apply card.. me in uk more that 5

Resolved Question:

hi.. me would like apply for pr card.. me in uk more that 5 years but working full time more than 4.. and me confused which application i have to used?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i apply for pr card if me working leas than 5 year.. cos everywhere show that need fully 5 years.. and they was asking about absence from uk about last 5 year but me dont remember exactly all dates
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear Eline, can you please provide more information. What visa are you currently on, which gives you the right to live in the UK and work? How long have you been on this visa? what visa, if any, were you on previously? How long have you been in the UK? What visa(s) have you been on since you came to the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok.. well.. me from Europe from Latvia. so bacicly me dont need visa for working and livinig in uk. me came in uk 2010 september.. me live with my ex that time and me didnt work.. then me start working full time at 2012 full time.. so bacicly me full time working little more that 4 years.. so me confused whic application i need apply.. registration certificate (QP) pernament recident card.and for PR they ask all dates when was absence from uk but me dont remember all of them.. can i write only which one i know
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Dear Eline, in order that you qualify for the necessary 5 years continuous residence as a Latvian national, in order to get UK citizenship, you need to have been exercising Treaty Rights under the EU Treaty during the five years you were here, or else you need to show you were a dependent of a person exercising Treaty Rights, when you weren't working. Additionally, you need to be able to show you had private medical insurance cover and weren't dependent upon the NHS during the five years you were in the UK. This is a point which many people overlook. So, the four years you were working, you would have paid National Insurance contributions as part of your wage packet. So, there is no problem during this period. However, for the period you were living with your ex, you will need to show you had private medical insurance cover or else, you were covered under his private medical cover. Otherwise, if you did not have private medical cover, your period in the UK will not count towards the necessary five years continuous residence necessary.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions