Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Me would like apply card.. me in uk more that 5

hi.. me would like apply for pr card.. me in uk more that 5 years but working full time more than 4.. and me confused which application i have to used?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i apply for pr card if me working leas than 5 year.. cos everywhere show that need fully 5 years.. and they was asking about absence from uk about last 5 year but me dont remember exactly all dates
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear Eline, can you please provide more information. What visa are you currently on, which gives you the right to live in the UK and work? How long have you been on this visa? what visa, if any, were you on previously? How long have you been in the UK? What visa(s) have you been on since you came to the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok.. well.. me from Europe from Latvia. so bacicly me dont need visa for working and livinig in uk. me came in uk 2010 september.. me live with my ex that time and me didnt work.. then me start working full time at 2012 full time.. so bacicly me full time working little more that 4 years.. so me confused whic application i need apply.. registration certificate (QP) pernament recident card.and for PR they ask all dates when was absence from uk but me dont remember all of them.. can i write only which one i know
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Dear Eline, in order that you qualify for the necessary 5 years continuous residence as a Latvian national, in order to get UK citizenship, you need to have been exercising Treaty Rights under the EU Treaty during the five years you were here, or else you need to show you were a dependent of a person exercising Treaty Rights, when you weren't working. Additionally, you need to be able to show you had private medical insurance cover and weren't dependent upon the NHS during the five years you were in the UK. This is a point which many people overlook. So, the four years you were working, you would have paid National Insurance contributions as part of your wage packet. So, there is no problem during this period. However, for the period you were living with your ex, you will need to show you had private medical insurance cover or else, you were covered under his private medical cover. Otherwise, if you did not have private medical cover, your period in the UK will not count towards the necessary five years continuous residence necessary.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.