13262538

Clare! My name is***** 50 years ago my dad left

Hi Clare! My name is***** 50 years ago my dad left a Caribbean island for the UK with the help of my mum in search of a better life for him, his wife and children. Upon arrival he met someone and abandoned his wife and children. He went on to have 2 other children with this woman. Despite all of this my mum and dad never divorce. 50 years later he is very ill and has been in and out of hospital. My question is he acquired property, more than likely before he met this British woman. We understood that he has made his younger son in the UK the executor of his estate. A few years ago she applied for and continues to receive a pension from his UK pension. How do I proceed so that she can benefit from properties that he acquired whilst still married.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and for asking for meHas your father provided financial support for your mother over the years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only once a year at Christmas. £250.00
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much does she receive in pension?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She receives £180.00 a month. She has been receiving this amount for about 10 years or so. This was on her own initiative after making enquiries from UK Pension office. My dad's name is***** d'Auvergne. 6A Wilson Road, Camberwell SE5, 8PB. London. Sons names are ***** ***** Luke d'Auvergne born in UK. Deceased common law wife, Angela Occomore, mother of the boys.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When your father dies your mother can make a claim against his Estate if no provision is made for her.The fact that he remained married to her throughout his life will be helpful.Once your father has died you will need to file a Caveat with the Probate Registry to ensure that the Will is not processed until the issue is resolvedDetails herehttps://www.gov.uk/wills-probate-inheritance/stopping-a-grant-of-representationThen you will have to negotiate with the Executors to agree on a settlement.Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much Clare. You have been very helpful. Can I engage you to do this on my behalf once we get news?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
We are not allowed to have contact outside of this site - but I am happy to help you as much as I can
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help. If we have any other questions, we will be happy to contact you via this medium. All the best!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I hope all goes well