12826847

I have received custom built goods(Yacht Sails) which do not meet the agreed written speci

I have received custom built goods(Yacht Sails) which do not meet the agreed written specification and I have paid the full amount of the goods. I want to reject the goods and receive a refund of my money. The contract value is £5636.16 paid by bank transfer. I am drafting a letter of rejection to send to the supplier.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to ensure that the wording of my letter is adequate. Wording is:
Mr C. Davison
Ullman Sails (UK) Ltd
Unit 23a
10 Bell Close
Plymouth,
PL7 4FDDear *****,
Re: Order US00000698I received the mainsail and headsail relating to the above order on Saturday 14th May 2016. Delivery of these items was expected 10th March 2016.Regrettably I must reject the goods as they do not meet the specification agreed in the following respects:1. Taffeta is white and not grey.
2. Mainsail has only two reefs and not three.
3. Mainsail leech line is not brought down the luff.
4. The headsail sock has not been supplied.Your deposit invoice 002043, as amended 21-Dec 2015 14:25:30 and email of 18-12-2015, 12:55 refer to the above.In addition the sails are damaged due to the heavy creases caused by them being folded for transport.Please make arrangements for return of the monies paid (£5636.16) and thereafter collection of the goods.Yours Sincerely
Karl Quirk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is worth noting that the taffeta is a fabric applied to both sides of the sail during manufacture and cannot be removed and replaced without damage. The addition of another reef is also not possible because the substrate of the sail is a one piece membrane and such features must be included in the initial layup of the membrane.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So what is your question about this please?