29905560

How do I invoke the ombudsman in dispute with my local HSBC

How do I invoke the ombudsman in dispute with my local HSBC branch
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the dispute over?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The HSBC On-line service rejects my perfectly valid IBAN No.with an Error " Number Not recognized" message.
If I ask the System to remind me of the correct No, the Review requests my SSN No. When I enter the correct SSN No (In place for over 40 years) the System response is "Please enter a valid SSN No.
When questioned, the On- line Service Clerk says " Do not know-ask local branch to reset my service. WHY is this necessary???
After 40 years of perfect service , this problem has only arisen since the cyber attack and major crash reported on 29th January2016
M J Battisson
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Before you are able to involve the Ombudsman you would be expected to go through the bank’s internal complaints procedure. Once you have submitted a formal complaint with them, they have 8 weeks in which to reply. If they do not reply within that time limit, or the formal response you get from them is unsatisfactory, then you have the option of getting the Ombudsman involved. In the circumstances, this would be the Financial Ombudsman. You can submit your complaint online: https://help.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/help Or you can print out a forma and post it: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/form/complaint_form.pdf I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ben
Thank you for your reply . I will follow the procedure you recommend, when | have composed my thoughts about this issue.
I was feeling somewhat frustrated after my last visit to the Branch.
The staff member I spoke to seemed to have insufficient knowledge; not understanding why I should need to enter my SSN Number when using the on-line service.
Mike Battisson
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I can completely understand why all of this may be frustrating and sadly not everyone we deal with is as efficient or knowledgeable as we may wish them to be. Hopefully taking the matters further and adopting a more formal approach will resolve this