Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I I want to know what i have to do ,my wife an i want to

i
I want to know what i have to do ,my wife an i want to sell our house which is in joint names. my wife as alzheimers and unable to sigh the papers. we have left it to late to get the power of attoney
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Has your wife been assessed to have lost her mental capacity?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - in that case, you will need to apply to the Court of Protection in order to sell the property. You can find the process, forms, costs and address to send the application to here: https://www.gov.uk/joint-property-ownership/selling-when-an-owner-has-lost-mental-capacityI hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.