12826847

I have send angry rants via email to a person who has been

I have send angry rants via email to a person who has been interfering in my personal and business life (they have been pursuing a relationship with me, were unsuccessful and hence tried to exercise control over me).
They presented the emails to the police which had me arrested for stalking (this individual never replied except to tell me to stop emailing them). They also seized personal property e.i notebooks, imac, iphone.
What can I do to defend myself again the charge?
From the emails the interaction look very one sided and the only way I could defend my side of the story is to get mutual acquaintances to testify.
Andreea
Expert:  Ash replied 8 months ago.
Hello Andreea my name is ***** ***** I will help you.How many emails have you sent please?Alex
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.
Hi. How many emails please?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi. On a course of 3 years I must have sent 20 emails
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.
Did you stop when you were told to?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Unfortunately no, although my replies were short
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.
What was the rough nature of them?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I rarely used a bad word and my messages were eloquent, but i was brutally honest about what I thought of person
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
e.i. "you surround your self with yes men who buy all your bullshit" "get a grip"
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.
Ok. I'm not sure what your question is? Obviously there are offences in this although I wouldn't have charged it as stalking.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I know. The victim made a series of false allegations that I am following them around etc. No proof. There is nothing on my devices to attest this either, but they are still being searched by the police.I am currently on unconditional bail. Can you please explain what that means?And what is the difference between harassment and stalking? I would be guilty for harassment I suppose.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.
I haven't seen the evidence obviously. If he is alleging pursuing then that is stalking. If it is just the sending of twenty or so emails without encouragement and in defiance of a requestion to stop then that is harassment. There is no way around that. However badly he is behaving there is no defence to harassment on that basis unless he is encouraging contact. If they do charge you with stalking then elect Crown Court trial and fight the things you dispute. In fairness, it is quite hard to prove following. It is not as simple as a person alleging that they saw you in a public place which might legitimately be a default meeting if it happened at all. I am beginning to adhere to the view that anything is worth fighting. Even cases that look overwhelming can collapse under scrutiny. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That you for your answer, it really helped clarify matters.What if I see a psychiatrist and present analysis on my mental well-being, e.i. I am distressed, I have irrational fears. I am quite confident I will not be charged for stalking, so my concern now is primarily the harassment charge.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.
I really wouldn't do that. That is not an advantage from the point of view of sentence.