Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I got married over 2 years ago in Las Vegas. We have since

Customer Question

Hi, I got married over 2 years ago in Las Vegas. We have since separated and looking to divorce. We did not register our marriage once we got back from the USA and my wife never legally changed her name. Are we seen as married within the UK
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. If the marriage was legal in Las Vegas then it will be recognised as legally in England as there is no need to "register" it here.In the circumstances you are able to proceed with a divorce, the grounds you can rely on are unreasonable behaviour, adultery or 2 year separation (by consent).If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.