Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Thank you Harris , I have heard about the Deed of Trust.

Thank you Harris , I have heard about the Deed of Trust. Will the deed of trust have be set up before, after or during the purchase and will it still 'stand' if we get married? Can I request in the Deed of Trust my share goes to my daughter if I die.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
This should be set up alongside the purchase of the property and finalised before purchase.If you were to get married, and the relationship broke down and led to a divorce, the court can overlook the deed of trust and focus on both your need and the needs of any children at the time.If you wished to pass on your share to your daughter this will need to be included in a will and not the deed of trust.I hope my answers have assisted you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of the answer page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you