How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2726
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Thank you Harris , I have heard about the Deed of Trust.

Resolved Question:

Thank you Harris , I have heard about the Deed of Trust. Will the deed of trust have be set up before, after or during the purchase and will it still 'stand' if we get married? Can I request in the Deed of Trust my share goes to my daughter if I die.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
This should be set up alongside the purchase of the property and finalised before purchase.If you were to get married, and the relationship broke down and led to a divorce, the court can overlook the deed of trust and focus on both your need and the needs of any children at the time.If you wished to pass on your share to your daughter this will need to be included in a will and not the deed of trust.I hope my answers have assisted you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of the answer page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions