12826847

My partner as charged with drunk and disorderly and police

Customer Question

My partner as charged with drunk and disorderly and police assault. Never been in trouble before. Can't remember what happened as had a bit to drink. No injury to officer. Has not been shown any cctv and no independent witnesses. What will happen at court?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking what sentence he will get?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes as has not ever been arrested and is not denying it just can't remember. She will plead guilty as court though.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What is she said to have done specifically?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kicked officer 4 times after he arrested her for own safety as she was drunk and wanted to get on a train home
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That is not a trivial assault I'm afraid. In fact, that is probably going to fall into the highest sentencing bracket. This is an assault upon a public servant acting in the course of his duty. In addition to that it involves kicking with shod feet and the case of Hussan says that shod feet are a weapon. Further, it involves repeated kicking. She will probably avoid custody basically because she is female and this is a first offence. It is likely to be a medium to high level community order though. The drunk and disorderly will probably attract no separate penalty but it would normally have attracted a fine. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo