75100385

Which department of the home office do we apply to

Customer Question

Which department of the home office do we apply to for revocation of deportation order and how long does it take?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.How was the order imposed and by whom?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Was it as a result of this conviction in Court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The order was imposed after serving a 5 months and 10 days prison sentence for credit card fraud in 1986 and was granted through the court if I am not mistaken... Was just served the deportation paper when my prison term expires and was shipped back to my country, Nigeria since then. I have severally made attempts to life the order after the prescribed 3 yrs duration but had not been successful.. if you are interested, I can email to you the past letter i sent to the home office regarding this.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It is the Immigration and Nationality Directorate. However if they refuse to reconsider or reject your submission then you can consider a Judicial Review. This is where a High Court Judge considers what you have to say. The Judge will see whether the Home Office have acted reasonably or lawfully.The High Court Judge can either agree with the decision or send it back to the Home Office for further consideration.For more information on Judicial Review please see here:https://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/courts/administrative-court/applying-for-judicial-review.pdfCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex