12826847

4 years ago my husband was informed that he should not

Customer Question

4 years ago my husband was informed that he should not have been claiming pension credit and owed 25000 pounds. I thought he might get convicted of fraud but when they visited realised he has mental disorders and didn't know what he was doing. I lodged an appeal to the Independent Tribunal and never heard anyone, even though I phoned twice.
In May of this year ( I was made my husbands personal representative, in 2012), a letter stated that they made an error and the debt had been quashed but they have now made a new claim and as I explained to them our personal circumstances have altered in 4 years. We are both pensioners. My husband has physical and mental problems and I believe this should be cancelled as official error, as we were never notified of the outcome of the appeal. We are not in a financial position to repay this debt
Can you advise please?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.How much are they saying is owed please?Alex