75100385

I took my horses to a stud and had them covered by a stallion

Customer Question

I took my horses to a stud and had them covered by a stallion on a nffr basis. I had the mares checked late October 2 were in foal and 2 weren't. I contacted the stud and they said it was too late in the year and sort it next year. I have been back in touch and she has got rid of the stallion and won't give me my money back as she says it was last year. Where do I stsnd
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is NFFR basis please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nffr means no foal free recover
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.You have 6 years to bring a claim for breach of contract.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this classed as breach of contract
Louise
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes Louise. They contracted to have a stallion which you paid for, now they have got rid of it.So you are entitled to your money back.Does that help?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex