75100385

I wanted to find out if I can travel to the US on 01 Sep

Customer Question

Hi, I wanted to find out if I can travel to the US on 01 Sep 2016 if I have a visa valid for the US until Dec 2025, my passport expires on 10 October 2016.
Will I be allowed to travel into the US with 6 weeks remaining on my passport?
The reason I am asking this is that I have applied for a new passport from South Africa but the waiting time is around 4 - 8 months
I am in a bit of a sticky situation as the reason for traveling to the US is very important. It's my wedding on the 17th Sep that has been booked for 1 year now and I can not cancel the booking nor get a refund.
Please could you advise me on this situation?
Shaine
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this Shaine.You can travel to the USA but you MUST return by 10th October 2016. You can NOT stay beyond the valid period.Please see:https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirementsCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex