75100385

I am starting a rainwear boutique and have a name of Come Rain

Customer Question

I am starting a rainwear boutique and have a name of Come Rain And Shine. UK company, website all OK - all fine except there is a EU trademark Come Rain Or Shine registered in the Netherlands. I filed a application to the UK trademark register and the lawyers representing the EU ™ have now written claiming infringement. I would like some advice in dealing with this - we do not want to change our name and think AND is very different in meaning to OR - that is the point, its about shining & brightness even when it may be dark etc. Plus we only want to operate in the UK. What options do we have? The letter requests a reply by 21 May so I'm quite keen for some help fairly quickly!
Kind regards,
***** *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Are you in the same industry sector please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
Thank you for responding - we are in the same sector - 18,25 and 35 are the overlaps. We also filed for 43 and 44. My number is *****
Many thanks,
Mark
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
calling now. Alex