12826847

I traded in a car over a month ago bought a car off

Customer Question

I traded in a car over a month ago for and bought a car off the dealer. When I traded in my car it did not have an mot the dealer was aware of this and I agreed to pay to put the car through the mot. Also the car was in need of a service the trade in value was marked down by the service value. After I had traded the car in the dealer contacted me to tell me the supercharger did not work and need replacing. He is asling me to pay at 50% towards this, if not he wants to take the car back that I bought on finance and give me my original car back. He claims he can do that because the car was not as advertised, I had no idea the supercharger did not work I had driven it for 5 years. My question is can the dealer take back the car and is he right in claiming the car was not as advertised. Thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Please can you tell me if you are based in the UK? If so, please can you confirm whether you received any paperwork from the dealer after you traded vehicles?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - can you tell me if you are based in the UK? If so, please can you confirm whether you received any paperwork from the dealer after you traded vehicles?