12826847

I bought a property last August. It is surrounded by a golf

Customer Question

I bought a property last August. It is surrounded by a golf course. The road that lead to my lane is unadopted and in very poor/deteriorating condition to the point that it could do some damage to my car. The council say the road is owned by the golf club. I am told by neighbors that the golf club is responsible for maintaining the road. The golf club says it is joint responsibility with the owners of the properties that use it. There is nothiing in my register / deeds that suggest I have any legal responsibility for maintenance. None of the properties have "frontage" (is that the correct term?) on the road but need to use it to get the the lane where the properties are. Firstly I am trying to get to the bottom of just WHO is legally responsible. I have bought the Title Plan for the golf course but there is nothing mentioned there. How do I go about establishing who is responsible for maintenance? Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is in your deeds about the road please, if anything?Alex