75100385

UK Law question: I am in a case as claimant, we use to be in

UK Law question: I am in a case as claimant, we use to be in the High Court for (IPEC – Intellectual property and enterprise court). We had a case management conference and a high court judge moved the case to the small claims track at Ipec. I want to discontinue the case, but my question is: Can the defendant/s ask for costs if I discontinue, or are they blocked from doing so because we have been moved to the small claims track?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Usually you are responsible for costs. But if you discontinue then they dont get costs on the small claim, assuming there are no adverse costs orders in re-allocating it.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex