Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Do I need 75% of the share in order to pass

Customer Question

do I need 75% of the share for example in order to pass special resolutions or appoint directors or dissolve my company? I am learning that special resolutions give special rights and are associated with high percentage of shares ownership.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the case of an LTD
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. To answer your question in turn:- A special resolution requires 75% of the voting share capital to vote in favour of passing the resolution;- Depending on what the articles of association say, generally directors can be appointed and removed by ordinary resolution (more than 50% of the voting share capital voting in favour);- Dissolving or liquidating a company normally requires a special resolution (therefore 75% of the voting share capital voting in favour).Can I assist you any further? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Could you please *repost* the links about special resolution document examples. There is atechnical problem with justanswer.co.uk and I can not see your answers to a previous question. By the way I would be prefer that you specifically reply to my future questions if possible. I am very satisfied with your answering style. Best regards, George
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your message. No problem I will repost it when I am at My computer later this morning. Kind regards AJ
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Answer from the 19 May 2016.Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. To answer your question in turn:- A special resolution requires 75% of the voting share capital to vote in favour of passing the resolution;- Depending on what the articles of association say, generally directors can be appointed and removed by ordinary resolution (more than 50% of the voting share capital voting in favour);- Dissolving or liquidating a company normally requires a special resolution (therefore 75% of the voting share capital voting in favour).Can I assist you any further? Kind regards AJ