29905560

Been parked up hours by d v s a an had no phone call

Hi been parked up for 45 hours by d v s a an had no phone call from office till to day then told once release to drive home were there is a letter to suspend me for rest of week were I have to a meeting on Monday but I'm on hoilday next week do I have to go to meeting on my hoilday please
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What have you been suspended for and was the holiday pre-booked?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes hoilday was pre booked don't know what I have been suspend for till I drive back to Norwich but have been told that I'm suspend wen I get back for rest of the week letter is in office when I get back an to go to meeting on Monday but on hoilday
How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
11years
The starting point is that being placed on suspension is not an automatic assumption of guilt and does not amount to disciplinary action. It is there to be used as a precautionary measure whilst an employer investigates any allegations against the employee. Reasons for suspending could be in the case of gross misconduct, breakdown of relationship, risk to an employer's property, their clients or other employees, to preserve evidence or ensure it is not tampered with, avoid potential witnesses being pressured or intimidated, etc. During the period of suspension the employer should conduct a reasonable investigation into the allegations against the employee. If the investigation gathers enough evidence to justify the taking disciplinary action that could be the next step. In that case the employee has the right to be informed in advance of the allegations against them and be given the opportunity to prepare for the hearing. On the other hand, if the investigation does not find enough evidence to justify a disciplinary, the employer should terminate the suspension immediately and allow the employee to return to work as normal. In terms of the meeting I presume this is just a suspension meeting or an investigatory meeting to try and determine the issues behind the suspension. If you were on a pre-booked holiday then you cannot be expected to attend this meeting and should ask the employer to postpone it until you are actually due back in work. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok will tell them to postpone meeting till I get back to work
yes they cannot force you to attend whilst in holiday and disciplining you for not attending will likely be unfair and can be appealed. If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'