75100385

I took out a loan in my Mums name as I was very

Hi,I took out a loan in my Mums name as I was very stressed out as my family where being abusive to me, and racist towards my girlfriend.My family life has been hell, and I have been having to stay in hotels, and I eventually run out of money.I took out loans totally £15,000 in my Mumsname without her knowing and I have been paying them back ever since.She agreed, that it is okay I took out the loans and if I continue to pay them back which I have.She has blackmailed me saying, if I dont stop seeing my girlfriend who is not the same religion as me she would go to the police.I am in a long term relationship with her, and cannot stop seeing her.I understand I broke the law, but I did it because of the stressed and depression I am because of my family. They are racist and making my life a living hell because of the decisions I have made with my love life.My Mum eventually found out I took out the loans, and said it is fine if I continue to repay which I have been ever since.I feel like they are black milling me now, because I am not stopping seeing my lover they went to the police.I am really stressed, and fedup with my life. Especially what my family are doing to me. The loans where never used for personal gain for shopping it was just hotels to sleep in because my family have really stressed me out, put my in depression and I couldn't take it anymore. I have repaid every loan and still doing.She has now reported me to the police and loan companies. Even though we had a an agreement I would pay these loans back. Only because my girlfriend they do not agree with because of her skin colour.I am very stressed and depressed.Please advise.Thanks You
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,What will happen to me now my Mum has gone to the Police? Is she allowed to do such as we had an agreement after she found out I took out the loans?
THanks,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

yes she can, this is because you have still committed the offence of fraud by false representation. You represented that you were your mum and obtained the loans by deception. So sadly this is an offence, even if you have agreed to pay the loans back after.

The sentencing guidelines show this as a breach of trust/position matter which means you could get 26 weeks - 3 years custody with a starting point of 18 months. If you plead guilty you get 1/3rd off any sentence.

If you have no previous then you could get a sentence suspended.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would they take the reasons for the loans into account?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is mitigation.

Does that clarify?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/