12826847

There good morning. I have a problem that I need to be addressed

Customer Question

HI there good morning. I have a problem that I need to be addressed now. Over a week now my land lord have me moving out my room saying that he was coming to d ecorate my room. He said I am to move my things out I have had my friends over to help me take my things out I have put most of them in storage. When I call the landlord to find out what time he is sending his men over to to do my room he did not answer my call.
Just to cap, what had happened- I had reported his reluctant to treat rodent that had come in my room to eat my new shoes and other things, he was upset and gave me nitice to move. He was charging me a late payment fees of £10 even when his time limit was not over run. He put in a claim to the County court for £700. After presenting my case to the court the court suggested we negotiate or face the court he said we should negotiate. I met in his office with one of my friend his secretary in his presence and agreed that I will pay him. H e said he wanted £150 on top of my £450 for his rent. This I have finished paying him. I have kept my part of the agreement but he has not kept his. I have bin living in his property for 11 years and I beleave he is trying to push me out. Yesturday I went to see him to find out what he is waiting for to come in to redecorate but he got very hangry. What is my nest cation to take?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I belief is that the landlord just wants me to take my things out and to close the door behind me.Can he do that? I he does not do the repairs can I get someone to do the job and I take it from his rent?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Did he reduce the rent to reflect the fact that you weren't there?