13262538

I was informed last Thursday by the police that my cousin had

I was informed last Thursday by the police that my cousin had been found dead in his house. I know he had family but had not had contact with them for many years. I have tried searching for them on various online Web sites. If we don't locate them by next week he will be buried by social services. The police say they took cash from the house. Can you please give me any advice.
Regards *****
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat family did he have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know he was married in 1957 and had 3 children born 1958, 1960 and 1962. I found this information on genes reunited. My understanding is that he did not see the children from a very young age but I don't know if he was ever divorced. I know he lived in Spain for many years. I am 68 and would imagine my cousin was at least 10 years old. I probably only met him 6 or 7 times so was surprised he had my telephone number. The police have said he had been dead for 2 months when found.Regards
David
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry - this must be very difficult.Have you considered instructing a Tracing Agency?Do you know how much the Police removed from the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HINo the police did not say how much cash they took.
They said they had to force entry to the house, that it was leased and had now been boarded up.
I'm surprised that it was leased as my Aunt had lived there for over 50 years.
Obviously I don't want to incur costs that can't be recovered.Regards
David
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that other than an Agency, or possibly Social Media sites, you have done everything that you can do and sadly all you can do is let the Local authority take the matter forwardI am sorry not to give better news - please ask if you need further details