How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10530
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Can I work in uk with a eea family permit?

Resolved Question:

Can I work in uk with a eea family permit?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And how can I get a residence permit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear Shady, Yes, you can work in the UK as well as live there, with an EEA family permit. Basically, as the spouse of an EEA citizen, you have the right to live and work in the UK should you obtain an EEA family permit for the UK. This is because reciprocal rights are granted to all other EU citizens, such as a Romanian-Hungarian citizen to live and work with their dependents in the UK. So you can both live and work in the UK IF ON an EEA family permit.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. You can apply for a UK residence permit based on your EEA Family Permit. Be aware that you don't have to apply for a residence permit, but it makes things easier as you can show it to prove access to local facilities and benefits. here is a link to how to apply for a residence permit from the UK government website.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your expert will receive no payment for answering your question.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions