Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I want to assess what if any legal redress I may have. My

Customer Question

I want to assess what if any legal redress I may have. My partner's ex-wife has through (over last 7 years) has made various allegations (through the family courts) to assist her in proceedings (which have through those proceedings have been found to be untrue) to cause significant disruption to our family life and has been extremely upsetting, her continued correspondence to my partner, her allegations and manipulation of her children continues and has a direct impact on our family life. What, if anything can I do. Social services are only interested in what is in the best interests of the children and there is nobody to provide support to us as adults from the continued onslaught of communication, use of legal proceedings and 3rd parties to disrupt our family life.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-Are you in England or Wales?-When and what was tbe most recent incident?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
England.
The most recent incident - is a letter received from Hertfordshire Children's Services. The last children's hearing that my partner had for increased contact was last year. In response to his application for one extra night contact to permit a 7 night holiday, the ex-wife instituted a prolonged contact debate, which involved false allegations of abuse (unfounded), CHildren's services report etc.. As part of those proceedings, the court declined to make an order regarding counselling for children saying that it required mother and fathers consent. In all other respects contact was significantly increased. It seems since those proceedings mother has been agitating with the school and Children's Services resulting in children's services writing to father to say that his consent is not required for counselling to take place. Whilst on the face of it this does not look like a direct act of harrassment, we know the mother to be hugely manipulative and prone to false allegations and obtaining support from local community members all of which are designed ultimately to disrupt our family life. We anticipate through this latest missive she will ensure the children go through counselling which means they are used as her vehicles to say things to create ammunition for further conflict.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. If there has not been any risk or actual harassment, then it puts you in a difficult position as you can only apply for an injunction to prevent harassment if there is evidence of risk.Have the family proceedings concluded now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Current set has, yes
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - if harassment continues then he can consider applying to the family court for a non-molestation order under form FL401 - this can prevent harassment and breach of a non-molestation order is a criminal offence.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.