12826847

I own a house & garden. There is a stream flowing through the garden and I have the r

Customer Question

I own a house & garden. There is a stream flowing through the garden and I have the right to fish that stream. The stream flows through the middle of the garden, and I have a footpath and wooden bridge along the side which leads over the stream to the furthest part of the garden - all of which is enclosed by a perimeter fence and is heavily wooded. The centre part of the garden regularly floods and is unsuitable for any fixed structure. The Length of the garden from the house is approx. 100 mtrs. - and is all detailed & outlined on the property deeds. I would like to build a "Studio / Reading room" (wooden, with lighting but no plumbing, and not for habitation). Would this fall within the Curtilidge of the house - or is the 100metre distance from the house an issue which would make this Studio outwith the Curtilidge of the main residence??
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry. I responded to your question by accident.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I own a house & garden. There is a stream flowing through the garden and I have the right to fish that stream. The stream flows through the middle of the garden, and I have a footpath and wooden bridge along the side which leads over the stream to the furthest part of the garden - all of which isenclosed by a perimeter fence and is heavily wooded. The centre part of the garden regularly floods and is unsuitable for any fixed structure. The Length of the garden from the house is approx. 100 mtrs. - and is all detailed & outlined on the property deeds. I would like to build a "Studio / Reading room" (wooden, with lighting but no plumbing, and not for habitation). Would this fall within the Curtilidge of the house - or is the 100metre distance from the house an issue which would make this Studio outwith the Curtilidge of the main residence??
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
May I also ask if this is a Scots law question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola, yes, this is in Scotland, so subject to Scots Law. I really need the answer by 1000hrs tomorrow (19th).