12826847

Is a mackenzie friend allowed to represent someone in a finding

Customer Question

Is a mackenzie friend allowed to represent someone in a finding of fact hearing if they are not a registered solicitor? From everything i can see online it is illegal to represent someone if your not a registered solicitor but the judge in our case allowed the mackenzie friend to represent my partners ex stating he had recently qualified (but is not registered and i cant find his sra id)
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDid he provide any evidence that he was recently qualified?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No my partner and her barrister were told by her solicitor that the judge had told her he had recently qualified (within the last week) and the barrister even said "thats news to me"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.