Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I want to sell my property in Wales and the tenant has expressed

Customer Question

I want to sell my property in Wales and the tenant has expressed an interest in buying. How do I get a fair valuation and sell without using an agent. Is it advantageous to use the same solicitors and keep costs as low as possible? I have a good relationship with tenants and would probably not sell at all if they are unable to raise the finance. My wish to sell is prompted by new laws in Wales for registration and licencing of managing Landlords.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.Well, what I would suggest you do is to contact say 3 local Estate Agents and say you are considering putting the property on the market, and get each of them to come out and give you an appraisal. Nothing will be legally binding on you if you do this, and it would only be binding if you then signed an Agreement for one of the Agents to formally act for you in selling the property.Once you and the Tenant have then agreed on a price, you can see if the Tenant can then raise the finance.I hope this assists you and sets out the legal position.Kind RegardsAl
Hi,Can I assist you any further?Kind RegardsAl