75100385

I have just moved into a house with a one year assured tenancy.

I have just moved into a house with a one year assured tenancy. I have paid the whole contract upfront and I want to end it. I have only lived in the house for one month. The special circumstances state that I will be paid back pro ratio of the tenancy ends early.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the move is because my mother is not adapting to change due to manic bi pola
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Does the agreement have a break clause in it please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its bad news I am afraid. Under the contract then you are liable for the whole term. Sadly you have no right to end it and therefore not a refund for any period.However what you can do is ask the Landlord to end the tenancy and get someone else in. The Landlord cant refuse and then you would be liable for all rent and fees until the new tenant moves in. If the new tenant moves in then you would be entitled to a refund for the period FROM when that tenant is in.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if I request to leave the landlord must find a replacement tenant then I receive my money back? Would I be liable for the fees?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes any extra fees, as you are leaving early.I am sorryAlex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Not to bad thought that I was not allowed at all.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex