75100385

I recently found out that finance agreements in my name were

Customer Question

I recently found out that finance agreements in my name were obtained by fraud investigation officers from a local authority. I am not investigated for any fraud, or have been, but another person that I know has been. Is this legal and can this be allowed? During a formal interview, my finance agreements were disclosed to this person that I know in order to establish whether a link exist between us. Is this possible / legal, I have never been asked permission by anybody. Please advise.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Just to be clear, you are asking if someone else can be interviewed without your permission?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Someone else that I know has been interviewed and in this formal interview by a fraud investigation officer, finance agreements in my name have been disclosed to this person, with which my finance agreements have nothing to do with. This person was under investigation for alleged benefit fraud. I suspect my finance agreements were shared with this person to try and establish a link between us. I want to know if this is legal and if I am not under an investigation, how is it possible for my finance agreements to be obtained and shared without my permission?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
But you never signed the agreements?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Agreements were signed in my name. They are vehicle finance agreements and they have my signature on them. They were shared with someone else who were interviewed as a result of suspected benefit fraud. Are you sure you understand my question?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Did you sign the agreements?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can they be shared - yes. The Data Protection Act can be overridden by the Police and Criminal Evidence Act. So yes, this person can be interviewed without your permission and without your permission needed to show the documents.The Police (and other authorities) have powers to go direct to banks, lenders, credit card companies etc and get copies of documents including loan agreements, statements etc.Otherwise it would be easy to prevent investigations by someone refusing permissionCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks Alex - that was useful.Kind regards
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry its not better news.If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/