75100385

On 27/04 I was advised by email that I had won a prize in a

Customer Question

On 27/04 I was advised by email that I had won a prize in a daily draw which appeared to come come the national supermarket chain, Morrisons. I was told that all I needed to pay was postage and the prize would be sent to me. After completing the transaction I became suspicious and contacted my bank via the secure messaging service, following up with a phone call the following day explaining my suspicions detailing the company involved and asking them to be alert for any suspicious activity on my bank account. In spite of this the bank Paid two amounts of £89.95 from my account to the company on 14/05. Do I have any right to expect a refund of these amounts from the bank concerned?
Dianne Frost
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dianne my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Did you cancel your card at all?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I didn't. I spoke to a member of Santander and explained the situation and sent a secure message via the internet explaining the problem. At no time did the bank suggest I should cancel my card. I subsequently spoke to a member of the Security team who said they could block any further withdrawals and obtained my agrrement to this course of action while I was on the 'phone. Subsequently Santander have released two further payments to the company. I feel they have been negligent in protecting my account.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
Thank you for your help in this matter. I have already sent a message to Santander outlining why they should refund the money to me and intend visiting the local branch tomorrow. I have already downloaded the information that I sent to them. together with their replies, with a view to printing them when necessary. I have also printed a copy of my bank statement indicating the relevant withdrawals. I have also advised Santander that I intend closing my account if I don't receive compensation of the full amount.Dianne
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. Good luck Dianne.If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex