13262538

My mother has recently passed away and my parents gave the

Customer Question

My mother has recently passed away and my parents gave the signed copy of their will to my brother in law for safe keeping. My sister and brother in law seem to be making excuses and have yet to provide the signed copy of the will to my father. My mother had insurance policies that my father would like to make use of but is stuck in limbo without the will. What would my next course of action be if the will is not forthcoming.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I am sorry for your lossDo you know who was appointed as Executors of the Will?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My brother in law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much is the Estate worth - and how many of the assets were held jointly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That question really does not seem relevant to my original question. I will not waste anymore of your time.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies I should have made it clear that it is relevant as it determines whether or not Probate is required.That is relevant as at the moment the only person entitled to deal with the Will is your brother in law - and he is not required to even discuss the Will with your father let alone give him a signed copy of the WillI am hoping to find a way around this for your father