12826847

Scottish Power have said we are on the wrong tariff, we are

Customer Question

Scottish Power have said we are on the wrong tariff, we are paying too much so they will reduce it. However according to this wrong tariff we were not paying enough to they will hype our reduced tariff to pay the debt of £469.07 and they will set up a direct debit accordingly. Although we struggled to understand how, by paying too much for our electricity we were in debt, we had no option to pay or be cut off. Hearing nothing from Scottish Power, after a year we phoned to ask how much we now owed and were told the debt has risen to £725.29. Why? Because they have made a mistake in setting up the DD but we were told that there is another lower tariff we can go on but again this was hyped by 50% to repay this new debt. Which legal team said this sounds wrong and advised us to contact you. As we seem to be locked into Scottish Power for our supply, Are we liable for these debts which were caused for no fault of our own.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are you asking if you are liable to pay debts owed to Scottish Power as a result of their mistake in putting you on the wrong tariff?