75100385

My Son's house is being reposed by Court Bailiffs on 8 June.

My Son's house is being reposed by Court Bailiffs on 8 June. He didn't go to court because the letter giving the court hearing date did not arrive until the day after.
The total arrears is £2,100 and he has managed to paid off £1,000, he has spoken to the Halifax who are the mortgage lender and has been told that if he pays off another £500.00 they will cancel the possession, will this be the case or does my Son have to do something else? His worry is that the eviction will still go ahead.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Have Halifax confirmed this in writing please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then that is fine then. If its in writing he should keep this and if the bailiffs turn up he can apply for an emergency order.As Halifax to confirm in writing once the £500 has been paid that the eviction has been called off.Then if you have this, all will be fine.He can apply to Court now if he wants but that means he will have to pay a fee and attend Court. So if Halifax have confirmed in writing that will be enough,Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that should be ok. I am a bit confused was the £56 deposit a one off payment, I just want to make sure I haven't signed up for a regular payment.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
One off yes.If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex