13262538

My question is with regard to the question on the Acknowledgement

Customer Question

My question is with regard to the question on the Acknowledgement of Service form which asks :- "Even if you do not intend to defend the case do you object to paying the costs of the proceedings? If so, on what grounds?"
The petitioner(my wife) has agreed to pay the court costs for the divorce proceedings so what should my answer be?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Looking at the last page of the Petition itself - has your ex actually claimed costs at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ClareNo she has not claimed costs to be paid by me.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then you can just put "not applicable" without any problem.Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ClareThanks for your answer. Are you 100% sure though?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
If she has not claimed costs then the court cannot order them.However if you wish to reassure yourself then say "they have not been asked for"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Clare. Very much appreciated.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome I hope all goes well