How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2723
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My friend married a lady from abroad, india and she came to

Resolved Question:

my friend married a lady from abroad, india and she came to the UK under spouse visa and her visa expires in july 2017. unfortunately my friend and her do not get along. if he was to drop her off india before her visa expires and he notifies the homeoffice they are no longer together can she still come back to the uk under the same visa.
please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Her spousal visa will remain in force until it is cancelled by the Home Office. Your friend must notify them that they have separated and it will be for them to decide whether to discharge the visa or not - they will have to look at various factors and separation solely does not necessarily mean that the visa will be discharged - for example if they have children together or if there has been domestic violence towards her then these are grounds for the Home Office to allow her to remain.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so to cl;arify if he drops her back to india and notifies the homeoffice she can still reenter uk if her visa is not cancelled. is that right.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
that is correct.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you