29905560

I was accused of racist and bullying behaviour by someone in

Customer Question

I was accused of racist and bullying behaviour by someone in the office i work in, and summoned to a diciplinary hearing where there was found to be no evidence to substantiate the allegations. I am a registered Nurse with 35 years unblemished record and could have lost my registration.
The company say they are not able to tell me who told the malicious lies about me and I wish to take out a grievance against whoever said this.
I am currently off sick with stress as can't face working in the same office as this person.
What do you advise please
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Please can you tell me how long you have worked at the place in question?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
3 years as permanent member of staff and 14 years as a complimentary worker
OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you
Many thanks for your patience and sorry I could not get back to you last night, I experienced some connection issues. The employer is correct that they cannot disclose the details of the complainant, especially if their complaint was made in confidence. Whilst I fully appreciate that being at the receiving end of such a complaint is distressing and stressful, by not taking any further action the matter has been resolved so that there are no adverse effects on you. Of course, that does not take into account the personal repercussions this may have had on you but it does not mean the employer can just reveal who made the complaint just to allow you to raise a grievance for it. However, that does not mean that you cannot still complain about it. You are still free to raise a grievance over it and whilst it will not be address personally to anyone, you will be raising it against the person who made the complaint who the employer will be aware of. So they can still take this further internally and deal with this, although you will not be informed of who they are investigating and potentially disciplining. Should the matter remain unresolved and for example they refuse to take this any further and deal with it, your only option after the grievance is potential constructive dismissal. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the law on constructive dismissal and how it can apply here, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there I no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.