Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My sisters and brother never spoke to mum twenty years she

Customer Question

My sisters and brother never spoke to mum for over twenty years she has now passed away and left them nothing in her will explaining why , they do not speak to me either because I looked after mum they are going to contest her will as they want her money they are all over fifty do they have a claim as mum was adamant they were not to benefit from her estate
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. They have a right to challenge what is stated in the will if there is no reasonable provision for them. The court will consider the following when deciding whether to grant such a claim:-Their present and future financial needs and resources.-The present and future financial needs and resources of any beneficiary of the estate.-The deceased's obligations and responsibilities towards them and towards any beneficiary under the will.The size and nature of the deceased's estate.-Any physical or mental disability that they or any beneficiary have. -Any other matter (including their conduct or any other person.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.