75100385

I have a neighbour (just next door) who has harassed my

I have a neighbour (just next door) who has harassed my family twice - the latest one is where the neighbour screamed at my 5-year old son to "shut up" when he fell off the skateboard crying and later come out from his home screaming and using insulting words after I asked him not to speak to my son or my children. The situation escalated and he stood right in my face prepared to use violence with other neighbours witnessing act. The neighbour was clearly intoxicated by alcohol. The management company mentioned that they will speak to the neighbour before involving the police, but cannot guarantee that he will listen as he is know to have alcohol problems and change of personality.
The first time, the neighbour throw our garbage at our entrance door, claiming that we cannot place our garbage meant for collection next to his, which we managed to resolve.
Now, I am considering to install CCTV to make my three children and wife feel more safe against the anti-social behaviour and harassment. Is it legal to install CCTV outside a private home?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Would it just cover your land?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The land outside my home (where I want to put the CCTV) is owned by all neighbours in the residence, as a share of freehold.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
you can install it on your own land without needing anyone's permission. But if you want to put it on land which is jointly owned then you will need permission of the management company.But it's not illegal to install cctv outside your home on private land.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply regarding the CCTV - i will follow up with the management company. Regarding the harasment, do I have right to call the police if the insult happens again and would they take it seriously given that we had two previous incidents?
Fadi
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
you can and indeed you could take civil actin under the protection from harassment act.Does that help Fadi?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex