Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

If my ex partner has a restraining order against me violent

Customer Question

If my ex partner has a restraining order against me for non violent harassment and she contacts me via email, is she in breach of this order? Am I allowed to reply or will doing so be a breach of my order?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. The restraining order will not be agaimst her so legally she is free to contaxt you, but if the order states you are not to directly or indirectly contact her, then you should ignore her as you will be in breach of the order.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.