JustAnswerKM
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
90849391

I am making a voluntary first registration of my property

I am making a voluntary first registration of my property purchased in 1986. I have the land search certificate from 1986 - do I need to carry out a new search to submit to the Land Registry or is the latest search (1986) sufficient. There are no charges or mortgages outstanding on the property
Expert:  JustAnswerKM replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoonThank you for your message, I will do my best to help.In response to your question, yes you will need to carry out a new search by completing the attached K15 form. You will also need to complete a first registration form and list of documents form. You will need to pay the correct fee (First Registration - freehold/leasehold etc) and this is dependent on the type of property and transaction value.Send it all off to the Land Registry.To help, I have noted the link below to the official government website detailing the steps you need to take to register the property.https://www.gov.uk/registering-land-or-property-with-land-registry/register-for-the-first-time Best of luck,Kind regards Krystel*Please rate my answer so I can be credited for it.