JustAnswerKM
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
90849391

I am making a voluntary first registration of my property

I am making a voluntary first registration of my property purchased in 1986. I have the land search certificate from 1986 - do I need to carry out a new search to submit to the Land Registry or is the latest search (1986) sufficient. There are no charges or mortgages outstanding on the property
Good afternoonThank you for your message, I will do my best to help.In response to your question, yes you will need to carry out a new search by completing the attached K15 form. You will also need to complete a first registration form and list of documents form. You will need to pay the correct fee (First Registration - freehold/leasehold etc) and this is dependent on the type of property and transaction value.Send it all off to the Land Registry.To help, I have noted the link below to the official government website detailing the steps you need to take to register the property.https://www.gov.uk/registering-land-or-property-with-land-registry/register-for-the-first-time Best of luck,Kind regards Krystel*Please rate my answer so I can be credited for it.