75100385

Dear experts I am a junior doctor and have a flat in London

Dear experts
I am a junior doctor and have a flat in London and I paid extra £50000 to have parking space included in the purchase price. However we have a very difficult management team here which has been self elected by a select few and none of the share holders have any real say in the management of this large estate(220flats).
They had introduce a private parking scheme and we were all given tickets to display on our windscreen whether we are resident or visitor. I have my stickers in a plastic sleeve back to back. One morning after a long night shift I had put out my sticker but the display was Goethe visitor side and I was given a ticket. I appealed and gave my reason and was told it was not valid reason. I went away to do some work with Medicine st frontier and upon my return I have had several letters to pay up and the last one threatens to take me to court and if they win I will be liable for all court charges, the outstanding fine and my credit reputation will be marred. I just don't understand this nonsense. Are you able to advice and help in anyway please?
Many thanks in advance.
Jay
My email address is***@******.***
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know the reasons you have other tickets please?Alex
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Alex I have had only one ticket- but this was because my car was parked in my own bay but I had accidentally displayed a visitor disc instead of resident disc. So the reason for issue of this ticket is : parked in a bay without displaying corresponding permit to the bay in which the vehicle is parked.
The two discs that were issued by the management company were in my name and they had also taken the number plates of all the residents. I am not prepared to pay for parking in my designated place for which I am paying as mortgage so that these individuals can make money like this. Previous to this we had a company that used to clamp the cars and charge £700 for release of vehicle which one of my neighbour had to pay to release his girlfriend's car- so the management company do not and won't get involved and yet they without any of us agreement have bought the Parking Control Managemeny (UK)Ltd to issue such tickets.
Do you need anymore information ? Do let me know and I will send.
Thank you again.
Jay
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
What is the fine for this one? Are they a member of any parking association?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Alex
The Parking control Management company Ltd have passed the case to Debt Recovery Plus Ltd and they invite me to close the matter and make payment of £160 within 14 days of issue of a letter dated 12/05/16. Otherwise they will refer the case to their client's solicitor to consider commencing court proceedi Gandhi against me. They also close the letter by giving an office number 0208(###) ###-####to discuss payment arrangements and no one picks up the phone. So all in all I have only one option to pay or be taken to court- it would seem. Jay
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not sure if they are a member of a parking association . Sorry Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
the bad news is that you are liable. You showed the wrong permit. But if they won't pick up the phone you can write to them to arrange a repayment plan at Parking Control Management (UK) LtdThe Courtyard,1a Cranbourne Road,Slough,BerkshireSL1 2XFbut the bad news is that you are liable. If they take you to court you would lose.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No Alex thank you. It is very interesting for me as I have got a legal reason for paying and so I do not feel bad in paying as I was legally liable. Thank you again and wishing you all the best.
Jay
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience