29905560

My name is***** I have a claim at going through the

Customer Question

My name is*****
I have a claim at going through the Employment Tribunal in East London and have no one representing me legally. I have been dismissed from my job for 'GROSS Misconduct' which I am disputing 'UNFAIR DISMISSAL'. I am at the age where I can and am claiming my State Pension after being dismissed and cannot afford to pay for Legal representation at present. Is there any assistance here.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you trying to work out who can help you with the claim?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If you are making a claim in the employment tribunal there is no legal aid available for making such a claim. This means that if you require legal representation you will have to fund it yourself, although there are a few other options available to try and help with such costs. These are:Get a lawyer on a no win no fee basis, although these are relatively rare in employment law cases. It is a matter for you to 'shop around' to see if there is a lawyer willing to take your case on such basisif you have legal insurance, such as home insurance, it can provide cover for such claims but you need to check the policy you have to see if that is the caseYou can proceed with the claim yourself - you do not actually need legal representation to make the claim and many people go at it aloneYou could try the Free Representation Unit (http://www.thefru.org.uk/) which can consider taking your case on for free but they do have strict criteria and are quite busy but of course try them anywayyou can get limited assistance from ACAS or CAB but they will only really provide advice on the side rather than fully representing you These are your only options for making a tribunal claim. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.