12826847

In October 2009 having been made redundant, I was unable to

Customer Question

In October 2009 having been made redundant, I was unable to pay a tax bill and made insolvent/bankrupt by HMRC. Considered to be "exceptional circumstances" I was released from said insolvency after 6 months. Following my release I was refunded a considerable amount in PPI which the Insolvency Agency claimed directly from the PPI Company. Is that the case that I wasn't entitled to it even though I had been released?
David Sankey
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Please can you tell me whether the amount refunded is now causing you any problems?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben ... no its not causing any problems ... I genuinely have always wondered how it was taken 'at source' from the PPI Company years after my release. More curious than anything.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi David. OK well let me review the relevant information and laws and then I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Nicola .... quite happy to wait. No problem. David
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try elsewhere thank you.