Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

We are the landlords of a property and have just received an

We are the landlords of a property and have just received an electronically signed PDF tenancy agreement from our agent. All signatures in the PDF are valid and the date of the agreement is legible (18th May 2016) but on the next page the statement which should say "THIS AGREEMENT IS MADE on the 18th May 2016" the text 18th May 2016 has been inserted later and the text "18th" is written over the text "the" and is illegible. Is the document valid?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Yes, the tenancy agreement would still be valid as by signing it, the tenants have agreed to the terms and the issues you have outlined do not invalidate the agreement. I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you