75100385

Ive been sent a letter from a solicitor claiming the clients

Customer Question

hi, ive been sent a letter from a solicitor claiming the clients they are representing are unhappy with the comments i made on a planning proposal on the teignbridge council website. i stated i was unhappy, and concerned about the safety and welfare of my child if they new properties are built, which will in turn affect our privacy. This letter states it as me being defamatory? Other objectors also stated similar objections like myself. The letter ends with a swift and quick apology could stop my clients taking furter action. So i have drafted an pology letter, but also stating my opinion is im still concerned with the privacy issue of my family. Do you think this is the right thing to do? Or just ignore the letter, thanks, simon
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Simon my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know whether what you said was untrue?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, have just sent my mobile number, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also everything i said was just how i feel, its my opinion. dont really know what else to say, didnt mean to upset anybody, just concerned about my family and daughters privacy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello? is there anything i need to do, or a time i have to wait? waiting for advice, thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on? I can't see it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes 07581 204936
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, i know we had a quick chat last night, but ive been thinking about it all morning, and i thought to scan the letter i recieved for you to have a quick look over, i know you said its best to do nothing, but its just playing on my mind, i feel perhaps an apology would calm the situation, or do you think that would make things worse, like i said last night, i believe in everything i said, and i dont regret it, because they are my concerns at the end of the day. Im just looking to be doubley sure as im concerned if i do nothing, what will happen next?, thanks, Simon
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
They still can't do anything, there is no serious harm.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its all new to me this, so its taking a little time to register. I guess its hard to understand why someone would go to the trouble of paying for a solicitor letter knowing nothing can be done from it, very strange. But yes, thank you alex that clarifies the situation. I will follow your advice, thanks again for your time
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help. Alex