75100385

I am the victim of assault. I have been requested to go to

I am the victim of assault. I have been requested to go to court by the CPS to give evidence against my husband. I do not want to go. Do I have to go? I no longer want to continue with prosecution but know it is now out of my hands. Can I just ignore the request? Or do I have to inform them. A solicitor has said to just ignore all communication is this correct?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,Did you call the police initially please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were staying in a hotel and the hotel rang police.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I subsequently gave a statement that night and my husband was arrested and charged. He has had initial hearing and pleaded not guilty hence a further court date at which I am requested to attend. I do not want to go and do this.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
its bad news I am afraid, you are not in control of the prosecution, the CPS are. You have no say in how it is run or even dropped.You can ignore the request from the CPS yes. If you fail to show at Court they could issue you with a witness summons and worse case issue a warrant to attend Court, but this is very rare.But you dont have to respond to the CPS or even give a statement if you wish saying you dont support the prosecution.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex
Please can I just clarify that I don't have to respond to the CPS but is it best to send a statement to them saying I don't support the prosecution? Is that what you are saying?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No you don't have to respond, but if you do you can say you don't support the prosecution Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex