Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a consent order made in feb 2013 ,I couldnt keep up

Customer Question

I have a consent order made in feb 2013 ,I couldnt keep up with maintenance payments and built up arrears of £2800.
Then suddenly I received an`issue of notice of warrant of control`on 9th october 2014 (nothing sent before)..I applied to have it suspended/varied -form n242. It went to a hearing in December 12th 2014,the judge seemed to be confused and discussed our consent order amounts which he said should be reduced,he also advised I pay the debt straight away -which I did on the 15th dec 2014.
I have since realised I have a ccj affecting my credit score.The court said I needed to send in a signed letter by creditor saying amount was paid in full within 30 days so I sent this but it is still only marked as satisfied.
My questions are from what date is the 30 days taken -the hearing date or the warrant of control date ?and why didnt I receive anything before the warrant of control letter.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. If a creditor has a CCJ against you which you do not pay they can then apply for the warrant of control, which they did. They do not need to provide you any notice when applying for the warrant of control.I would expect the 30 days to be from when the court wrote to you or made the most recent order.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.