chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My mum I believe gave my sister power of attorney she cannot

My mum I believe gave my sister power of attorney she cannot remember what she signed or what she did. At the time of my sisters visit to Jamaica my mum was showing signs of dementia. My brother and I will be taking her back to London can we revoke the agreement there I cannot access her bank account in Jamaica to look after her
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Where is your mother now?Where was the power of attorney granted and when?Is your mother a UK National?What does the Power of Attorney relate to? Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power of attorney was granted in Jamaica.
She is a UK National.
Bank Account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power of attorney was granted on 8/2/16
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mum is in Jamaica
The power of attornwy can be revoken in the UK.Good practice would be to confirm that a Power of Attorney granted more than 12 months ago is still valid.The situation yoi describe woild dequore a lasting power if attorney and not a general one.A lasting power of attorney needs to be registered.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I need to get a solicitor to find out if it has been registered
The PoA should have been registered if xorrectle executed. See following link for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-a-lasting-power-of-attorneyI hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.
kind regards