12826847

We had a neighbour disoute over rights of way across our

Customer Question

We had a neighbour disoute over rights of way across our land in 2015 which we understood to be resolved by August of that year. Our neighbours solicitor began to pursue us for his clients costs in a very aggressive manner. We told him we did not recognise the claim. Our neighbour only had to produce his old covenants ..none of which we had ever seen as his land was gifted and never registered with land registry - but offed £250 good will payment without prejudice in Sept 2015 giving him 7 days to respond. He never responded.
We moved house in April 2016 and on our first day of moving in we got a letter to our new address from said solicitor saying it must have been on oversight not responding to th 250 offer but just to let us know he wasn't happy and wd takes us to court to recover the costs his client paid for his advice and letters.
Eek. I feel he is driving a coach and horses through solicitors codes of conduct..as well as subjecting us to undue harassment and stress.
Please advise.
Jane bower
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jane my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you want to achieve please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean what do I want to achieve ? I have posted my problem and wanted to know whether he is within his rights to pursue us in this aggressive way, if he acting unnecessarily aggressive and give me a solution to put a stop to it