Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

L am receiving Housing Benefit l currently reside. l also

Customer Question

l am receiving Housing Benefit for where l currently reside. l also recieve PIP also ESA.
Am l right in assuming that there is no ceiling on the amount of rent l can receive because of the PIP eligibility ?
Also my Mothers Partner is just come up for retirement (65).
Myself l am 55yrs of age this year. My date of birth being the 23/07/61
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As you are in Personal Independence Payment, there is no benefits cap and therefore you should not be capped for housing benefit, but a proper assessment will need to be undertaken. Furthermore, if you have spare bedrooms, then you may be liable for the "bedroom tax" whereby your housing benefit is reduced by 14% for one bedroom and reduced by 25% for two bedrooms or more.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.